CarenetLA serves all of the Los Angeles area including the San Fernando Valley.
What does the initial evaluation consist of and how much does it cost?
- The initial evaluation is typically done by our registered nurse. It is strictly a question and answers session, where the nurse gets to know you and your family, and can answer any questions you may have. The evaluation will help us to determine how we can best help you and whom the best match for a caregiver might be. In addition to the regular evaluation, if you would like, the nurse will walk around and make recommendations on how to make your home safer and more user friendly. There is no charge for the evaluation and it can be scheduled for a time that is mutually convenient for all the parties involved.
Where do your caregivers come from?
- Our caregivers come from a variety of backgrounds and skills. All CarenetLA Caregivers have:
- A minimum of one year’s experience (but many caregivers have several years’ experience)
- Successfully passed an initial screening and a background check before clients ever meet them
- Attended a company orientation meeting and ongoing optional training through our CarenetLA University, under the direction of our gerontology certified registered nurse.
How do I know that I will like my caregiver?
- Due to our extensive evaluation process, we typically know which caregivers will suit your needs and your personality. However, the final choice is completely yours. You may interview several caregivers if you’d like. You are never “stuck” with anyone. If at any time you want to change your caregiver, we will do our best to accommodate you. You are the client and our job is to make you happy.
Why do I pay your company and not the caregiver directly?
- By paying us, you ensure that your relationship with your caregiver will focus on providing you with the best help available, to suit your needs. Besides finding the best caregiver for you, we also screen and background check each caregiver before they are sent to you, and pay for insurance and bonding that includes workers’ compensation and employee benefits. This ensures that our caregivers have stability, and can focus on providing caring and dependable service to our clients.
What are your office hours?
- Our normal office hours are from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. However, we understand that there are often good reasons for you to contact us after those hours. Please be assured that we can be reached 24/7 and in an emergency we will be there for you.
Does insurance cover these services?
- Long term care insurance usually DOES cover part or all of our services, depending on your policy. We can assist you with reimbursement claims under your long term care insurance if you have such a policy.
- The Veterans Administration “Aid and Attendance” benefit DOES cover part or all of our services, if you qualify for that benefit. We can help you find experts who will assist you in applying for that benefit
- Medicare, Medi-Cal and regular Health Insurance do not cover personal attendant services.
How do I process my long-term care insurance?
- We will assist you with processing your long-term care insurance paperwork.